Friday, September 8, 2017

Cracked Pot

A few years ago, my friend Duane, invited me to visit the private pottery studio and kiln of his friend, a master potter, Rob. 


Many years ago as a young man, Rob studied under a Japanese mentor -- yes a world-renown master potter -- and as a result was given a priceless "mark" by the master to place on his desired primitive pieces. Pottery pieces by Rob have sold at art auctions for up to $10,000 each and have been exhibited in the Smithsonian Institute. 


On my visit to his studio and kiln, Rob generously gave me several of his one-of-a-kind pieces. Also, he amazingly granted my request to go through his rejected or imperfect pieces in a "trash" pile outside his kiln and to retrieve a few cracked pots to call my own. Imperfect pottery really ministers to me deeply. 


I had my wife, Kim, to plant flowers in one of the cracked priceless pots and it sits outside our home in the flower bed. Whenever I see it, I think how the Lord reclaimed my rejected, broken and undesirable life and recreated me and then filled me to overflowing with the beauty of His everlastingly Life. How marvelous to bear the mark of The Master. He calls me His own. Blessed to be His treasured, "cracked pot". ⚱️💐



"Worship Only God!" Rev. 22:9 NLT


Grateful


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, powerful, encouraging and precious message. I
find imperfect seashells very special and with great beauty.
God is good...all the time...God is good!!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I picked up some imperfect shells today. Thanks for your reply.