Tuesday, June 7, 2016

"Is Your All On The Altar?"

This morning after reading God's Holy Word for a short season, before turning to my daily devotional guides, I sensed a desire to call my mom during my quiet time. Sometimes, we forget that for our devotional time, talking to other believers can be a great resource. In other words, we should not just read books but also listen to the words of life written as holy epistles on the hearts of those we know best. 

Talking with my mom proved to be exactly what I needed for my own spirit. Mom testified of God's faithfulness in her life over and over during our sacred and uplifting conversation. We probably talked 30 minutes, encouraging one another in ways that cannot adequately be described.

At one point, mom quoted the words of an old hymn of the church. She was so passionate as she asked this question: "Is our all really on the altar of sacrifice laid?" 

So, here are the words of that old hymn and a link for you to listen to the song as well. May we be able to say with confidence that "surely our all is on the altar of sacrifice laid!"



"...and i wait." Psalm 5:3 GW

Grateful 

No comments: