Monday, June 20, 2016

A Holy Father's Day Memory in "the holy land"

I posted this on my Instagram account for Father's Day 2016 and sensed it would be a good story for my blog one day later...

On our journey home from The Outer Banks we stopped by the boat docks at Wanchese, North Carolina, where my Dad gave his life to Jesus during the fourth watch of the night on January 6, 1969. Dad's decision made here all those years ago aboard the Willis' fish/shrimp trawler, the Miss Vickie, proved to make the lives of his three boys delightfully different. I was seven-years-old. Truly a Holy Father's Day memory for my soul. This story is, in large part, why I call North Carolina "the holy land". 

P.S. I also had a 20-minute conversation with a boat captain at the docks and shared dad's testimony with him. It was a very tender exchange. Pray for Captain Steve. His fishing boat is named "All Pain".

(Click image to view Wanchese Docks full-frame.)


"...and i wait." Psalm 5:3 GW

Grateful 

No comments: