Sunday, June 12, 2016

Praying for Captain Rusty & Family

My wife and I are in the midst of taking some quiet days to exhale along this journey called life. Yesterday, we stopped around sunset at the island harbor where my dad used to dock his shrimp trawler just to reminisce for a while. 

At the dock, we came upon a childhood friend I hadn't seen in over 25 years. Rusty is his name. He's my brother's (Billy Joe's) age. His older sister Diane is closer to my age. Anyway, Rusty's family has always owned the local furniture store on my native island. He also is now Captain Rusty, as he owns and operates a shrimp trawler as his second full-time career.

Captain Rusty was readying his boat for the shrimping season. Though I remember him as the quietest of the Taylor children, I could tell he really needed to talk. We shared memories of yesterday and challenges of today. 

When our conversation was over, I told Captain Rusty that I would be sure to remember him in my prayers. That's what I'm doing this morning. His family needs prayer in so many ways. I sincerely care about Captain Rusty and invite you to join me in interceding for my old, but younger childhood friend. He would surely appreciate your intercessions and mine on behalf of his family's seemingly insurmountable needs. God hears and cares and is able to help.

My mom often says: "Let us pray one for the other." 

(Click below for full-frame images from The Refuge Harbor on Harkers Island, North Carolina.)

Captain Rusty aboard his shrimp trawler

Boats at rest

Nets ready for the summer season

Shrimp trawler returning to harbor as sun sets

"...and i wait." Psalm 5:3 GW

Grateful 


No comments: