Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Heavenly Bells, Hidden Manna, White Stones & New Names

Today, my Dad, Capt. Billy, has an appointment at UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill, N.C. He goes to get the latest opinion on the recurrence of cancer in his back and left elbow and to get future treatment options.

In talking with Dad last evening he said: "I am not discouraged, quite the opposite. I am encouraged. I am going to witness to new people about my Lord."

Dad then shared an experience he had yesterday as he was sharing and praying on the phone with Rev. Clark Langford, age 80, who lives in Virginia. Dad said: "Kerry, as Brother Langford was praying for me, all of a sudden, I began to hear the most beautiful bells ringing I have ever heard. I am sure it was the bells of Heaven and as I listened I was so very encouraged."

Well, there you have it. My Dad is hearing the bells of Heaven. 

This morning Revelation 2:17 so inspired my heart about the eventual end of our journey Home:

“Let the person who has ears listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. I will give some of the hidden manna to everyone who wins the victory. I will also give each person a white stone with a new name written on it, a name that is known only to the person who receives it.” (GWT)

Let's win the victory, and be..
...Grateful 


2 comments:

KLW said...

Lifting the Capt. in prayer and the entire Willis family. Asking the Heavenly Father to give peace to all.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

SO appreciative.