Thursday, September 11, 2014

Guards -- Remain Faithful

As I sat alongside the Atlantic Ocean on a partly sunny and windy day, a life guard pulled up on his four-wheeler with a verbal warning that the currents in the sea were very strong today. I thanked him and the ocean guard was on his way. Then I read this passage from the book already in my hand:

"Each man and woman is like a soldier sent by God to guard some part of the castle of the Universe. And some are in the ramparts and some far deep in the darkness of the walls. But each one must remain faithful to his post and must not go running about, else the castle is in danger from the assaults of Hell."
-- John Steinback, The Pearl

Let us be vigilant, my brothers and sisters. Let us remain faithful to our post.

Grateful

No comments: