Saturday, January 25, 2014

"Then, Thursday Night Came..."

Here's another update on my parents, Capt. Billy and Lady Melba.

As you know from my earlier post this week, Dad is at home now and getting along in a wheelchair with Mom's help. 

Then, Thursday night came... That's when Mom tripped backwards over the end of Dad's wheelchair and fell hard on the wood floor. We were concerned she may have messed up her recent hip replacement. However, after X-rays she broke her pelvis in two places. 

So, now they are both somewhat crippled, Dad caring for Mom from his wheelchair and Mom assisting Dad from her walker.

Can I say one thing? "A husband and a wife staying together for better or for worse over the longhaul is a beautiful thing!"

Through sacred tears last evening Dad tenderly testified: "We are unoffended in The Lord."

My brothers and I are burning up the roads between Virginia and North Carolina these days. And it's all joy, my friends, all joy!


Grateful

Note: This is my 1600th All-Time Blog Post. So glad it is wrapped in Luke 7:23 (KJV).  

No comments: