Friday, January 31, 2014

A Gift of Poetry for Capt. Billy

One of the men who prays on my Pastor's Prayer Patrol heard me say that my Dad, Capt. Billy, loves poetry. In response, this kind man of prayer and poetry, Gene, sent some original lines to share with my Dad during his cancer challenge season of life. When I read it to my Dad, tears lined his eyes and he said, "Son, write those lines on a 3x5 card so I can keep it in my Bible." Here is the simple but profound gift of poetry for Capt. Billy and for the rest of us:

Lay your tear-stained cheeks at His blood-stained feet
He may not dry your eyes or make your problems flee
He will however give you strength to endure and joy through sorrows
as the bitterness of your tears turn sweet.

-- Gene Stainback

Grateful

2 comments:

Mark Spruill said...

Thankful for a word of encouragement, and the encouragement of the living Word.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God's Word is Powerful!