Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You Can Trust Me.

I've been focused on Proverbs 3:5 much of my life and especially this year. Hear it from the New Living Translation of the Holy Bible:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.

In four words, God is giving this invitation: You Can Trust Me.

Crystal Lewis sings a song that's simply titled: Trust Me.


TRUST ME. (lyrics)
Close your eyes
Take a step
It’s okay
I know where we’re going

Don’t fret
I’ve been before
Through these valleys
Down these long and dangerous roads
Yet dark as they seem

(Chorus)
Trust Me
Though you can’t see
You can Trust Me
The way may be steep
You can Trust Me
Let Me lead...

Trust Me

Open your eyes
But don’t let go of My hand
Let your tears give way to smiles
See the joy inside the trial

Don’t worry

You’re safe with Me around
Rest assured

I’m on your side
I won’t let you hit the ground
But close as it seems...

It’s true that what’s in front of you
Isn’t always clear
But you must believe it in your heart
That I’m here - I’m here!


My Friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble.
-- James 1:2 (CEV)

Grateful

4 comments:

KLW said...

Trusting in Christ means that you're not relying upon yourself, but on Christ to get you into heaven. We cannot get to heaven by doing good deeds, things that we think will make us acceptable to God. Rather, we need to be forgiven of our sins, realizing that Jesus died for our sins. And what He did for us on the cross is the only way to have our sins forgiven.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Lord, I want to totally rely upon You. Holy Spirit, nudge me from within and make me sensitive to Your Divine nudgings to trust in the Lord with all of my heart for all movements for my future, from now until I enter Heaven. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Anonymous said...

"See the joy inside the trial" I love that line.

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Give me the eyes of Your Spirit, Lord. Amen.