Saturday, February 19, 2011

But He Intentionally Ignores...

In my reading and reflecting from the Old Testament Proverbs, the contrast in this verse stopped me in my tracks:

The Lord will not allow a righteous person to starve, but He intentionally ignores the desires of a wicked person.
-- Proverbs 10:3 (God's Word Translation)

If my thoughts had been sinful, He would have refused to hear me.
-- Psalm 66:18 (CEV)

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled.
-- Words of Jesus in Matthew 5:6 (NIV)

Click here: YouTube - Hungry w/lyrics by Kathryn Scott

Holiness Unto the LORD!
Grateful

5 comments:

James Spruill said...

Bless you for your faithful posting. I am encouraged again and again. jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

The Lord is so worthy!!!

Martin LaBar said...

Maybe that translation is a bit of a stretch, but it's true, anyway.

Thanks.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Pretty direct, heh?

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Pretty direct, heh?