Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Most Obvious Confession of a Witness

In my mind over the past week or so, Philippians 3, verse 10, has been coming and going and coming again. To me it is the most obvious confession of one who longs to be a true witness of Christ. Dare I say, it is perhaps the most honest desire and proof of one who is and/or longs to be a true disciple of Christ as well?

(10) I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, (11) and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. (12) Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. (13) Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, (14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 3:10-14 (NIV)

Click here: YouTube - Steve Green - Oh, I Want To Know You More
Click here: YouTube - Cadet Sisters - Oh I Want To Know You More

Count it all joy. (James 1:2-4)
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

I'll rest and openly confess
I'll live, I'll breathe, I'll walk in You my King
I'll sing and give You everything
You are all I want, You're all I need
You are my King - O' Lord move in me
I commit myself to You completely
I have tasted of Your love and still I am thirsty for...

More of You and less of me
Jesus come and be a light in me
Burn like the sun for the world to see
Be glorified

You came and openly declared that
You alone could save me from despair
You came and hung upon a tree
And openly declared Your love as You died for me
O' Lord move in me
I commit myself to You completely
I have tasted of Your love and still I am thirsty for...

More Of You
Telecast

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

John 3:30. Amen.