Monday, February 28, 2011

A Saving Passion For Sanctified People

The Holy Spirit cannot conquer the world with unbelief, nor can He save the world with a worldly Church. He calls for a crusade, a campaign, and an adventure of saving passion. For this enterprise He wants a separated, sanctified and sacrificial people.
-- Rev. Samuel Chadwick

Lord, I want to be in this world but not of this world. Yes, by faith, please include me in the adventure of Your saving passion. Make me (by the indwelling presence of Your Holy Spirit) to be a separated, sanctified, and sacrificial saint for Your glory, that is, make me exclusively Yours. In the Name of Jesus, I ask these things. Amen.

High Priestly Prayer of Jesus to the Father for His Disciples:
(15) My prayer is not that You take them out of the world but that You protect them from the evil one. (16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. (17) Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth. (18) As You sent Me into the world, I have sent them into the world. (19) For them I sanctify Myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. -- John 17:15-19 (NIV)

By Faith! In Faith! (Hebrews 11)
Grateful

No comments: