Saturday, February 26, 2011

Do You "Really" Love Me?

There's an old love song imbeded in my brainwaves (from way back in my teen years). It's an inspiring tune that declares deep devotion with these words: I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.

Recalling the lyrics of this old love song these days, causes me, as one who claims to be a fully devoted lover of the Lord, to immediately ask a couple of personal and penetrating questions:

(1) Has there been any period of my life when I have loved Jesus more than I love Him presently?

(2) Will I really love my Lord more tomorrow than I do today?

I have had the sacred privilege many times to stand on the banks of the Sea of Galilee in the place that remembers where John 21 actually happened. In John 21:15-23, Jesus challenged the deep devotion of His disciple, Simon Peter. Yes, there where the waves met the shoreline, the seeking Savior asked the floundering fisherman not once, not twice, but three times a personal and penetrating question: Do you love Me? It would not be a stretch to add one word to the question Jesus asked. Do you "really" love Me?

I believe that Jesus still asks those of us who claim to be fully devoted to Him, Do you "really" love Me? Can we answer with these words? I love You more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow? Is our love for the One called Wonderful ever-increasing everyday!

O, how I "really" want to love You, my Jesus...
...more today than yesterday, and even more tomorrow!
Grateful

2 comments:

pastor paul said...

I find myself wanting to see Jesus more everyday Thanks Brother!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Open our eyes,Lord. We want to see Jesus... to reach out and touch Him...