Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The Seasons Point to Creator God 

For me personally, the four seasons of each year point me to Creator God. It’s autumn now, and my wife, Kim, and our hound dog, Lucy, just took a few days to explore the beauty of the fall foliage. i have lost my breath several times already. Yes, my Creator God’s spectacular painting of every leaf causes me to worship Him outloud. 

Also, it seemed to me every tree was praising Creator God, as well. Isaiah 55:12 is truly in effect as we drive these colorful mountain roads. Listen to the words recorded by the prophet Isaiah: "You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12 is truly in effect because the prophet is a truth-teller. Creation recognizes its Creator. 

My mentor, James Spruill, calls my fascination with fall -- and the other three seasons as well -- as "worshiping with your eyes!"

If you’re having trouble praising Creator God, take a walk outside. Maybe the trees will clap their hands unto God and get you started in adoring Creator God afresh and anew for yourself. He is worthy of all our worship! He is worthy of all our praise! 

Let’s celebrate Creator God with the rest of Creation! 

Pastor Kerry Willis  

No comments: