Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Don’t Give Up On Longevity 

Perhaps one of the quotes most people will remember me saying once my life’s work has ended is: "Longevity is/will be the greatest convincer!" 

Often when i have found myself at an empasse with someone in a hard conversation, rather than prolong an argument i simply say: "My life lived over the longhaul will be my argument." In other words, "Longevity is/will be the greatest convincer!" 

Finally, i began this post to encourage you with this specific idea in mind: "Please don’t give up on longevity." We’ve all heard it said: "Good things come to those who wait!" i would like to strengthen these words in this way: "Good things come to those who wait on/trust in the Lord over the longhaul."

Another way i encourage myself in this vein is to say often to myself and to others and to even pray the words below to the Lord Himself -- and i will share the words in a prayer now: 

Dearest Our Almighty God: You had the first word! You will have the last word! And i believe You will have the next word. Amen."

Because of our Lord’s faithfulness, longevity will truly be the greatest convincer!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: