Tuesday, October 5, 2021

My Off-The-Grid Prayer from a Maritime Forest 

My wife, Kim, and our hound dog, Lucy, are taking a few days “off the grid” in a Maritime forest. If you know anything about me, you know nothing quite inspires my inner man like a prayer-walk in tall trees near the water. It’s so therapeutic to my being. i am grateful for this short yet sacred time to prayer-walk over and over again. 

Life moves so fast, doesn’t it? That’s why we just decided we needed to pull the plug for a short season of seeking Jesus with minimal distractions. We didn’t know our phone service, along with texting, emailing, and social media usage would be relatively nonexistent here, however, it’s a blessing of sorts. If i walk Lucy a mile away, i get like a-half-a-bar of service. (In other words, as i write this blog post, maybe it will post online and maybe it won’t. It’s all good either way.)

Here in the the deep woods my heart of devotion is turning to prayer. Pray with me if you will:

Dearest Lord Jesus. You know how much i need and want intimacy with You without interruption. All Your children do. 

Take over my entire heart, mind, soul, and strength. i have no desire to lead my own life. You are my exclusive Lord, so lead me according to Your agenda. i say “Yes” in advance to whatever You want. And to my total surrender, i also speak “Amen!” “So be it!”

i belong only to You Jesus. You gave Yourself for me, so i give myself to You. Gain glory from my story for Your sake, alone. You are my King of Everything. Amen, again! 

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: