Thursday, September 13, 2018

Simply Trust

I remember a few years ago when I called my Mom, Lady Melba, and asked: “Mom, do you ever have times when you just can’t pray?” “Oh, yes,” she said cheerfully. “That’s the best place to be, because then you simply trust.” 

Ironically, these thoughts came to me today as I sat along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean at Cape Henlopen, Delaware, trying to pray for my Mom down on the coast of North Carolina where Hurricane Florence seems to be violently approaching the Willis homeplace. 

I called her a few minutes ago and the phone service was bad. So, I texted my son, Grayson, and said please call Mom (his Nanny) and ask her how she is. These words made up her whole reply: “Grayson, tell your Dad, I’m fine!” I’d guess that means the praying is past and the best place to be is now hers — simply trusting!


Old gull hanging out beside me. Makes two old birds. 


A wooden cross by the ocean gave me peace. 


The Atlantic is fierce today even up north. Invigorating, too.


This hymn, a prayer to lead us to simply trusting. 

Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love 

Pastor Kerry Willis 


No comments: