Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Immediate Mandatory Hurricane Evacuation

Well, I can mark that off my bucket list — “an immediate, mandatory, hurricane evacuation.” I’ve never been so tired on a vacation, but heh, I am not complaining because God is good all the time. 

Still, Kim, Lucy and I, had quite a long couple of days. The lyrics of an old 70’s song is on my brain: “I’ve been driving all night, man, my head on the wheel.” A drive that usually takes 6 hours, took 12. We arrived home for a short time-out at 5:30am, nevertheless, we have regrouped and Plan B is underway. We are back on the road again. Stay tuned for all of that, to be reported on later blog posts.

Mostly, today, I am thinking about all the spiritual application that has gone through my thinking during this immediate, mandatory, hurricane evacuation season. As we exited The Outer Banks of North Carolina, I thought about how faithful God has been spiritually to warn us that judgment is coming, and today is still the day of salvation, but the predicted storm will come. 

Even though the weather was beautiful on the coast yesterday, a giant storm is slowly but surely on the way. Some will heed the grace given and make preparations to be ready when it arrives, while others will ignore the threat and pay the ultimate price. Lord forbid.

Speaking about those who paid the ultimate price, today is 9-11. I remember with great pain the events that took place on this September day in 2001. Lord have mercy. Talk about an unexpected storm!

Finally, please pray for those in the track of this present, predicted storm, Hurricane Florence. 

Here are some images I snapped along our journey yesterday...


We left the cottage we adore. 


Tiny flowers at the cottage doorstep. 


The calm before the storm, Pamlico Sound. 


Hurricane evacuation traffic was gridlock often. 


A lovely sunset.


Colors so glorious. 


Reflections in the presently calm waters. 


Bodie Island Lighthouse 


Take 2



Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 



No comments: