Monday, May 6, 2019

Worship-Walks Through the Forest 

Kim, Lucy and I are taking a few days to exhale after our district church gathering. Really, one of the main reasons for a temporary timeout is to make sure we properly thank God for His undeniable faithfulness to us over our first completed year of ministry on the Philadelphia Nazarene District. 

So, we came to a maritime forest not far from the ocean for some seaside solitude. Today, we have taken multiple worship-walks through the forest. It has been like my mentor James says: "Worshipping God with our eyes!" The colors, the textures, the shapes, the light, the sounds, the smells, even the rare sighting of a section of wild flowers -- like wild tulips or wild orchids -- yes, the vast variety of everything in the maritime forest has heightened our appreciation and understanding of just how very incredibly awesome our Holy Creator God is. Praise Him!

When I was just a young island boy growing up along the coast of North Carolina, maritime forests were all around me, even in my own neighborhood. Yet, I took it all for granted because it became so familiar. 

Not so, now that I am older. Having lived 25-plus years in other places far away from the ocean, seems now whenever I get back anywhere near the saltwater breezes, I see more clearly than ever the awesomeness of Creation that I somehow overlooked when I was younger. 

Well, it’s night time here now and I need to get in bed because I’m already excited about exploring more in the morning and watching God magnify to me more and more Who He really is!

Wish I could post the maritime forest photos I took today, but my WiFi signal is too weak to load on blogger. I was able to post some photos on my Instagram account if you’d like to look there. You can find my Monday maritime photos @bluegoose220 if you’re on Instagram. 

Lord, You alone are worthy of all my worship. Yes, You alone are worthy of all my praise. 

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: