Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Never Disappointed?

My Dad, Capt. Billy used to say often: "Jesus is not a disappointment!" Even during his final season with cancer, especially then, he would say with great passion: "Jesus is not a disappointment!"

While reading the New Testament Epistle to the Romans, yes, in the Apostle Paul’s writings, I believe I have discovered the foundational verse for my Dad’s declaration.

It’s Romans 9:33 -- "Those who believe in Jesus will never be disappointed." (Living Letters Paraphrase)

This thought won’t leave my mind now, so I believe it is from the mind of Christ. The best prayer to pray if I am ever disappointed is, "Lord help my unbelief in You!" 

Could it be possible that if I ever find myself disappointed in the Lord, I am in fact having a crisis in my personal faith? To be disappointed in Jesus, might it really be an alarming indicator that I am not trusting Jesus as He deserves. If so, Lord forgive me. Lord forbid it. 

Dearest Jesus, You deserve to be believed in always. Please help me to believe in You without compromise and to never to be disappointed again. Help me to live surrendered to whatever comes my way knowing You are worthy of all my trust, all the time! Yes, it’s true life is often hard, but it’s truest that You are always good. I love You, Jesus. You are not a disappointment! Amen. 

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

1 comment:

Matthew Scott-Edward Waggoner said...

❤️ I want to love you Lord without compromise too.