Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Vision Equals Burden 

Whenever I hear the word vision, another word almost always comes to my mind--burden. 

Remember Moses, God gave him a vision to lead the people of God out of Egyptian bondage and into the Promised Land. Surely, such a vision caused Moses great burden. However, such a burden from God was and is also beautiful, even glorious.

And think of Jonah. The vision God gave him for the great and lost city of Nineveh was so burdensome that Jonah ran in the opposite direction. Nevertheless, after a violent boat ride and a few days in the belly of a large fish, Jonah finally realized with his own eyes the vision God had to save even Nineveh.

My name is not Moses or Jonah, however, much of my life has been spent carrying the glorious burden of God‘s vision in my own life. I would not have it any other way. Most recently and with fervent urgency, I am beginning to slowly but surely see a vision of God’s broken heart for the great and lost city of Philadelphia.

Pray with me and for me these words recorded in the book of Acts: "I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision!"

As in all of my ministry, I continue to embrace wholeheartedly Proverbs 29:18. "Where there is no vision, the people perish!"

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: