Monday, August 20, 2018

While Worshipping, Listen...

This past Sunday morning, while worshipping, I was listening intensely for God to speak and He did. 

It’s all true. As Kim and I worshipped with the Lansdale, Pennsylvania Immanuel Church of the Nazarene, the Lord’s voice was truly undeniable. 

Remember, what Jesus, The Good Shepherd said? He said: “My sheep know my voice.” (John 10:27) I know in my own life, it is so. 

There were two areas the Lord was speaking to me Sunday and both were, I believe, His loving attempt to enlarge and enhance my own faith in Him. 

#1 is too personal to share, as it was, in part, an answer to a prayer I have been praying for a beloved family member. Nevertheless, the Lord let me know that “HE REALLY IS ALL I NEED AND HE REALLY IS ALL MY BELOVED FAMILY MEMBER NEEDS!”

#2 happened during a portion of the worship service when the local pastor asked people from his congregation to place their hands on my wife, Kim, and me, to bless us as the new district overseer here on the Philadelphoa District. Here’s what I heard the Lord saying: “Kerry, you pray for those around you because I am going to bless them through you as they lay hands on you for a blessing.” It was awesomeness. I know something happened in their lives. Something good. 

Then, the Lord brought a New Testament story to my life and applied it personally to my own humble desires to glorify my Jesus. Here’s the story: 


Lord, help me to listen for Your voice as I worship You. I do believe that as I am a sold-out sanctuary of Your Presence, that when even my humbled shadow falls on those near me, that You can perform holy miracles in their lives for Your glory. In the Name of the One called Wonderful. Amen. 

Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastpr Kerry Willis 

No comments: