Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Bad News & The Good News

Last evening I was blessed to sit under the preaching of Rev. Stan Key at the Malaga, New Jersey Camp Meeting. Rev. Key is a holiness preacher from Wilmore, Kentucky. But honestly, I really came to hear him preach because he is the son-in-law of Dr. Dennis Kinlaw.

Rev. Key preached on what John Wesley called “The Bad News of Sin and The Good News of Holiness.” I am so grateful that I was able to be here last evening and Lord willing, I will get one more dose of this good holiness saturation again tonight. 

Dr. Dennis Kinlaw used to say, “We need camp meeting to correct spiritual slippage in our lives.” Well, he would’ve been proud of his son-in-law last evening because it was like a spiritual examination. Any spiritual slippage certainly was corrected.

I did not grow up attending camp meetings. However, I did grow up in the spirit of revival. But I must say, I think camp meetings will be more a part of my future than they have been part of my past.

Below are some photographs I took on the 149-year-old grounds of the Malaga Camp.


The chapel. 


Old barn 


Road sign 


Amphitheater Cross


Stained glass on interior front porch door of a cabin


Cross in Tabernacle


The book shop


Sign on preacher’s cottage


Preacher’s cottage 


Theme of Rev. Stan Key’s message


Old kid’s fire truck like I had as a little boy


Photo someone recently found of me at Free Grace Church where I was raised in the Spirit of Revival. 

Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Hope.

Pastor Kerry Willis 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pastor Kerry, I always enjoy your blog and your photos. Some of these photographs are particularly awesome,
especially the one if the barn and the one if the tall cross in the outdoors.

Ruth Peaden said...

Holiness really is better than I ever dreamed. Grateful I learned under you. Blessings to you, PK, from valleys of Virginia!