Friday, August 16, 2013

To Refresh Hearts. To Strengthen Churches.

In addition to beginning full-time preaching in 1992, ever since the year 2000, the Lord has given me the privilege and responsibility of traveling throughout most states of the USA, over foreign lands, and yes, even overseas in His name.

My first overseas journey was to the Middle East. My second was Germany and many repeat journeys are now in the books to both places. A few years ago I was called to Turkey to lead a prayer gathering for Christian leaders and last December, I was summoned to Haiti to meet with and to train pastors, there.

Sometimes people ask me, "Why do you do it?" It's simple really. Two verses of Holy Scripture validates "why I do it." Yes, there's a twelve-word explanation taken from combining two verses of the Holy Scriptures:

(1) "To Refresh the Hearts of God's people."
(2) "To Strengthen the churches, 'There'."

Yes, "wherever "'There' may be" at any given place and at any given time." It's an Isaiah 6:8-thing.

So, together, Acts 15:41 and Philemon 1:7 are the verses hold the secret. Here at the full verses:

"Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often 'refreshed the hearts of God’s people'." -- Philemon 1:7 (NLT)

"Then he (The Apostle Paul) traveled throughout Syria and Cilicia, 'strengthening the churches there'."
-- Acts 15:41 (NLT)

Today, I am in Mainz, Germany to fulfill, in part, this humbling call of God on my life. Tonight and tomorrow, I will be in Frankfurt, and Sunday and Monday, in Kaiserslaughten (K'Town).

I am indebted to God, all eternal souls, and especially to my local church for prayer-cover and overwhelming support -- Harrisonburg First Church of the Nazarene -- and also to my prayer brother in the cause of Christ, Steve Thigpen, who often travels with me handling logistics and having my back in intercession.

And I want to thank you for your interest as you "travel" with me on this "how-beautiful-are-the-feet-of-those-who-bring-good-news blog".

Finally, in case you are wondering... Yes, whenever I arrive in these faraway places "to refresh the hearts of God's people" and "to strengthen the churches here", as always, I expect seemingly hopeless pre-believers to "come to Jesus."

Be lifted up, Jesus! In my life, Lord, be glorified, today, I pray.

Grateful

P.S. Isaiah 6:8 (NIV) Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” 

No comments: