Monday, August 19, 2013

"Hello, My Name is Eunice..."

Need some encouragement today? Keep reading. For the last few days, I have had the blessed opportunity to share The Good News of our Glorious Jesus here in Germany. 

After preaching in this combined retreat for three local churches, I received a handwritten letter from a precious 20-year-old lady from Rwanda. She is in the University at Kaiserslaugtern. Here are words she shared with me in the afterglow of our spiritual season at the mountain monastery.

"Hello, my name is Eunice. I'm so glad I got to hear you preach. I was born again when I was 11-years-old. Afterwards, I tried to follow Jesus and to imitate Him. But I found I just couldn't do it. So, I began to pray that He would reveal Himself to me, because I was thinking that was the reason I cannot reflect Him as He is -- I don't know Him as He is.

I thought I will never be able to be like Him, because I tried everything and always failed. I have been asking Him to show me what I can do next.

In this gathering, I've learned that I don't have to try to be like Him, I just have to let Him live in me and show Who He is!

I realize I am not just His friend, but also I'm like His bride. I am so excited for this new relationship. I've always wanted God to be glorified in everything I do, but I didn't know how, or what to do.

I really thank God for the message He's given you. It was exactly what I needed."

(Precious Eunice is also a pastor's daughter, which makes it even more encouraging for me. I am a pastor and I, too, have a daughter.)

Grateful 

No comments: