Thursday, August 29, 2013

Brother Lawrence: When You Forget God?

It is written about Brother Lawrence: “That when sometimes he had not thought of GOD for a good while, he did not disquiet himself for it; but after having acknowledged his wretchedness to GOD, he returned to Him with so much the greater trust in Him, by how much he found himself more wretched to have forgot Him.”

This is my solemn prayer:

Lord, give me a desire to have my mind always on You.
In those times when I wander, gently lead me back...
Until Your own mind is finally, fully formed within me.
Then, I will no longer forget you, not even for a moment.
The soul that chooses not to remember You, Oh Lord,
is indeed wretched and will -- without returning --  ...
also be wrecked forever. God forgive. God forbid.
Your Presence, Lord, is Everything to me.
You are my Life.

Grateful

2 comments:

Kris said...

I affirm your thoughts and prayers today brother.
love kp

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for praying with me brother.