Sunday, August 25, 2013

Living Worship -- Who Possesses You?

God revealed Himself so undeniably in our worship services this morning. I am amazed continuously by the faithfulness of God's presence.

This morning my message title was "Living Worship". I spoke on the words Jesus said to the woman at the well of Samaria recorded in John 4, especially John 4:23-24 (GWT) "Indeed, the time is coming, and it is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. The Father is looking for people like that to worship him. God is a spirit. Those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

One of the clearest things I communicated this morning was this: "Worship is not about what building You occupy, but about Who occupies you."

Yes, Who breathes within us? We are human temples designed to be a home to a Spirit and there are two Spirits  seeking lodging within us -- the Holy Spirit and the Evil Spirit.

In John 14:23, we read: "Jesus answered him, “Those who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will go to them and make our home with them."

God wants to make His home within us through His Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth. 

Who occupies our human bodies? Are we Temples of the Holy Presence of God? If not there is a vacancy and evil spirits seek to possess us.

Think about it. Who possesses you?

Grateful   


No comments: