Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lust is the Unholy Heartbeat of Sin

As a pastor, but mostly as a believer, I can say with all of my heart that I hate Sin and the devil. It pains me to see Sin and the devil destroying holy marriages, precious families, and individual lives.

Lust is especially an ugly thing. Lust is self-centeredness clearly exposed. I have heard it said that "Lust is the rawest form of selfishness." It's true. Lust is the Unholy Heartbeat of Sin. Lust allows the devil to take over the controls of our lives and to lead our eternal souls to Sin's destination -- eternal devastation. Lust will leave us lifeless.

My Dad has told me many times this truth about sin:

Sin will take you further than you ever wanted to go.
Make you pay more than you ever wanted to pay.
Keep you longer than you ever wanted to stay.

I plead with everyone reading this blog today: Please choose love over lust, life over death, Heaven over Hell and The Life-giving LORD over the life-stealing devil. I plead with you to minimize future regrets later on in your life by allowing The Blood of Jesus to cleanse you of all sin, now. Please.

John 10:10 (GWT) -- "A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, But I came so that my sheep will have life and so they will have everything they need." -- Jesus

Grateful

4 comments:

Kris said...

amen brother. We have the victory as we choose Him over sin... Thanks for the word to stay pure and allow His Holy Presence to permeate all of who I am and give me power to choose to love over lust. God is faithful and He will strengthen us for the battle that is set before us (not against flesh and blood, but of the battle with the enemy).

KLW said...

2 Corinthians 7:10

New International Version (NIV)


10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for the great insights dear brothers.

Martin LaBar said...

A timely warning. Thanks.