Friday, June 7, 2013

Jeremiah's Grief

Here are some of the saddest words in all the Bible. The question is, does our present society fit into the maddening mold observed and penned by the Weeping Prophet? 

18 Sorrow has overwhelmed me.
    I am sick at heart!
19 The cry from my dear people comes from a distant land:
    “Isn’t the Lord in Zion?
    Isn’t Zion’s king still there?”
    They make me furious with their idols, with their foreign gods.
20 The harvest is past,
    the summer has ended,
        and we haven’t been saved.
21 I am crushed because my dear people have been crushed.
    I mourn; terror grips me.
22 Isn’t there medicine in Gilead?
    Aren’t there doctors there?
        Then why hasn’t the health of my dear people been restored?
-- Jeremiah 8:18-22 (GWT)
 
Grateful

No comments: