Saturday, June 22, 2013

Early Morning Prayers

My phone rang before daylight this morning. Yes, I was sleeping. It was a young husband and father calling to desperately ask for my prayers for his family.

For three weeks or so, he's been calling me off and on with the same request. His wife wants a divorce. He does not. It's so very sad and painful.

His specific prayers are that his family will come to church with him on Sundays and that somehow God will change his wife's heart so their marriage can be saved. He also asked me to pray that his anger will not get the best of him.

So, in your early morning prayers would you join me in praying for the miracle of a restoration in the life of this precious family? 

His final words to me were: "I'm going to keep begging God to help me!" His broken cries of humility for hope, deeply stir my own soul. 

I thank you for praying with me for my friend. He doesn't attend the church I pastor, but I met him when he was a young boy and when his adult world began to fall apart he said he felt like I would care and join him in prayer. He was right and I am humbled to enter the fight with him on my knees.

As we pray together, our Good God can surely make their lives delightfully different. So, let us pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

God, divorce is not Your will, at least not usually. Somehow, heal and restore, and gently urge both of these two to be more Christ-like to each other. Get glory from this. Do the same thing for another couple I know of, and, work, somehow, so another couple won't live together without marrying. In Christ's name.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I learned this morning the couple is going for counseling. Thanks for praying. Persevere.