Friday, December 14, 2012

"Happy, Happy, Happy" In Haiti

Thursday was another wonderful day with the pastors and church leaders here in Kenscoff, Haiti. I am so very grateful for the prayers you have prayed and will continue to pray as the gathering concludes today, Friday.

And yes, I got to encourage the people. The theme of the message the Lord gave me to share was "From Heaven, God Will Hear Us In Haiti, When We Pray." The overflowing church house seemed to be rocking back and forth as the precious Holy Spirit of Truth spoke the Good News of God's Word through me and the interpreter, Pastor Jean Alix.

Pastor James preached before me on "Walking in the Light" and Pastor Jeff Griffith followed me telling the crowd, "The Blessed, Must Become Blessers." Then, Pastor Ron Skeeters concluded the gathering by distributing new Bibles to everyone who attended. On the first day all the pastors got new study Bibles, but Thursday everyone in attendance got a new Bible in their native language, Creole.

Just before the Bibles were distributed, a precious, old Haitian man who was sitting behind me named Tyna, said, "Brother, your message made me very Happy, Happy, Happy inside. Can you please make sure I get a new Bible?" He then showed me his only copy of God's Word. It was old and worn out from much use, and the type-size was small and getting more difficult for him to read as he is aging. As soon as the cases of new Bibles came from the side room, I walked up and pulled one out for Brother Tyna and hand-delivered I to him. He was overcome with joy. "Happy, Happy, Happy!"

And yes, if you read my blog yesterday, the little, crippled boy came back my way. He was smiling all over himself as he approached me for the second day in a row. I still cannot find out his name, but I did find out that he about 6-years-old and was born with crippled legs. It has done nothing to break his spirit, however. He too is "Happy, Happy, Happy!" In fact, the backpack he carries has one word written across the back of it -- "Happy!" So for now, I have named my little buddy "Happy!"

Today's theme at the gathering will be "Surrendering to God's Plan".

Pray God's favor will prevail.
Grateful      

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Heavenly father I pray that your spirit would permeate the people of Haiti. Let your will be done in them!

Martin LaBar said...

Continue to glorify Yourself through these meetings. In Christ's name.

Unknown said...

Thanks for being obedient to God's voice to reach the world. The wonderful teamwork of you, James, Jeff and many other awesome Jesus loving people, touching lives and building up hope throughout Haiti. You all are loved and lifted in prayer. Bill McClure

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God is so good to include us in His Kingdom plans.