Friday, December 21, 2012

Be Born in Me

This Christmas Season have you considered the reply given by the Virgin Mary from Nazareth to the Angel Gabriel when he told her about God's desire to have His Son, her Messiah, and our Savior to be born in and through her? Here is what she said:

“I am the Lord’s servant. Let everything you’ve said happen to me.”
-- Luke 1:38 (GWT)

Yes, Mary essentially said, "Be born in me." Mary became the first sanctuary for the Presence of the Lord. Bethlehem's manger became the second sanctuary to hold His majesty.

Have we like Mary answered, "Be born in me?" Will we now cradle His Holiness like Bethlehem's manger did some 2,000 years ago?

The song link below was sent to me today by one of my partners in ministry, Pastor Adrian. It is very powerful. Take a few sacred moments to watch the music video, listening prayerfully and carefully to the words so you can echo Mary's answer as your own.


ALL JOY TO YOUR WORLD! ALL PEACE TO YOUR SOUL!
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

Just think of the immense trust in God that Mary must have relied on when she was called to be the mother of Jesus.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Sometimes we need to pause to reflect on Mary's willingness to be God's servant. Surely she prayed, "Not my will but Thine be done."