Thursday, December 13, 2012

Haitian Highlights

The gathering for pastors and leaders here in Haiti began yesterday. Pastor James Spruill said it was the most people he's ever seen on the first day. The church was full. Between 200-250 coming from miles around to be encouraged in God's calling upon their lives.

After Pastor James set the tone of the gathering by speaking on "Christmas Being God's Mission to Rescue Us", my long-time friend, Pastor Jeff Griffith, challenged all who have been rescued to now become rescuers of others. Also, Pastor Ron Skeeters from Tennessee came to give new Bibles to each pastor in attendance. They came up one-by-one and received their gift. What joy was evident on their faces.

We then toured the local school here in Kenscoff and spent much of the afternoon one-on-one with the children. I gave lifesaver candy to most every kid that came my way. It warmed my heart thinking that the theme of the day had been rescue and lifesaver candy is what I sensed I should pack to bring to Haiti.

The highlight of my day happened as we were sitting alongside the entrance and exit of the property smiling at the children as they were leaving school for long walks home. I saw one little boy coming with what appeared to be extreme cerebral palsy of the legs. Our eyes met. He walked right to me and leaned his back on my chest for about ten minutes. I suppose he was giving his little bent legs time to rest and my open arms looked like a good place to let it happen. I do know my own soul found rest in his resting moments as well. I loaded his little lunchbox with lifesaver candy, prayed blessings over him, had someone take a photo of me and him, and then he was on his way again.

I hope to get a translator today so I can learn his name and maybe his story. God has a plan for this precious Haitian boy. His legs may be crippled but I just know deep in my soul that His life will bring celebration in Heaven as he touches eternal souls on planet earth.

Pastor James told me to be ready to speak today. I covet your prayers. I pray the Haitian people will be able align my life and my words with RomansTenFifteen. I want to encourage them in the Name of Jesus. Yes, I want to deliver Good News here in Haiti in the Name of The Bethlehem Boy.

Grateful      

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you and Haitian Ambassadors of Christ. May He give glimpses of glory as all hearts are filled with hope and strength in the Mighty Name of Jesus!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God in Heaven hears our prayers here in Haiti for sure.

KLW said...

Father God as Pastor Kerry begins to speak let the words that come from his mouth be Your words.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Your prayers were answered. Please keep lifting us before the Throne of mercy.

Marcus O'Malley said...

praying for you brother!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God is good. All prayers apprreciated. Enjoy your first married Christmas.