Saturday, December 15, 2012

Haiti Finale

Friday in Haiti was a glorious finale. The little mountainside country church was overflowing with pastors and leaders. The Holy Spirit within us and among us was powerful and undeniable. Encouragement filled our souls.

The highlight of Friday for me was three-fold:

Highlight #1: What wonder filled my soul when I was able to declare these words in the morning session, yes, wonder filled words once spoken by Jesus at another spiritually dark location, Caesarea Philippi and recorded in Matthew 16, verse 18, : "I will build My church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it!"

Immediately the congregation started shouting "Amens" and "Hallelujahs" in reply to Jesus' words.

Highlight #2: The Haitian pastors gathered around the four of us from The States to pray a God-filled, humbling benediction over our lives as the gathering came to a close.

Highlight #3: I got to photograph little Haitian girls wearing dresses hand-sewn by a precious widow in our local church, Mrs. Shirley. It was a glorious fashion show that surely touched Heaven's heart.

And yes, one more thing to report. I finally learned my little Haitian buddy's real name. You know, the little crippled boy I lovingly named "Happy". His real name is best understood in English as "Michael." God bless that precious little soul. Keep praying for him, please.

I am sorry I posted so late today, but traveling home prevented me from getting online earlier.

Thanks again for partnering with me in prayer. I believe it is very possible that Haiti is headed for a real revival that will eventually impact the whole world. Wouldn't it be just like our God to start with the poorest of the poor in Spirit to bring a spiritual awakening to planet earth?

Grateful

P.S. As we boarded our plane at Port au Prince airport, we heard of the tragic school-shooting in Connecticut, USA. Our hearts are hurting for the families of the precious victims.

No comments: