Monday, December 31, 2012

Faithful and True... Everything New.

The beginning of the spiritual life is often difficult not only because the powers which cause us to worry are so strong but also because the presence of God’s Spirit seems barely noticeable.

If, however, we are faithful... (and true...) a new hunger will make itself known. This new hunger is the first sign of God’s presence. When we remain attentive to this divine presence, we will be led always deeper into the kingdom. There, to our joyful surprise, we will discover that all things are being made new.

-- Henri Nouwen

The One sitting on the throne said, “I am making everything new.” He said, “Write this: ‘These words are faithful and true.’”
-- Revelation 21:5 (GWT)

Deo Volente -- Whatever God Wants!
Grateful

4 comments:

Kris said...

My Utmost for His Highest spoke straight into this very issue of worry and fear today. It is one of the best for the year in my book. May God's wonderful presence, power, and grace be over you my brother this day.

KLW said...

As I look back on the road I’ve traveled
I see so many times He carried me through
And if there’s one thing that I’ve learned in my life
My Redeemer is faithful and true
My Redeemer is faithful and true

My Redeemer is faithful and true
Everything He has said He will do
And every morning His mercies are new
My Redeemer is faithful and true

My heart rejoices when I read the promise
There is a place I am preparing for you
I know someday I’ll see my Lord face to face
‘Cause my Redeemer is faithful and true
MY REDEEMER IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE - STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Wonderfully encouraging comments brothers!

Martin LaBar said...

A new hunger? I need that.