Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I Want (Deo Volente)


Lord help me to live with little, even no pretense...

I want integrity through and through...

Let me be characterized by unconditional love and loyalty to You, my God, and to my family, and to my friends...

I want to live with invisible faith proven by my visible actions and responses to whatever life throws my way...

Let me be loved, appreciated and respected most by the one who calls me "husband" and the ones who call me "daddy"...

I long to be real and vulnerable in the midst of uncertain times...

Always trusting You, my God, when it seems You are silent...

Let "Deo Volente -- Whatever God Wants" -- be the cry of my heart.

In Jesus' name. Amen.
Grateful

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I affirm this prayer father. I want the same thing for my life. Not my will, but yours be done

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen again.

KLW said...

There is no love, sweeter than the love You pour on me.
There is no song, sweeter than the song You sing to me.
There is no place, that I would rather be,
Than here at Your feet, laying down everything.
All to You, I surrender,
Everything, every part of me.
All to You, I surrender,
All of my dreams, all of me.

Kim Walker
I Surrender lyrics

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

A-L-L to JESUS indeed. Jesus paid it ALL. ALL to Him I owe!

Mark Spruill said...

A great prayer, well deserving of a big AMEN of agreement.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Bless you Mark.

Destiney said...

In other words "total participation in Jesus Christ" the work of theosis. No better prayer for us to pray. Thanks for sharing.