Sunday, November 11, 2012

When Life is Hard, God is Still Good!

A few years ago our local church hosted the wonderful Christian singer, Janet Paschal, for a concert. Her pianist had recently moved on to greener pastures and her accompanying keyboardist  for our evening of praise and worship was her studio pianist.

I remember he was so very humble and in talking with him before the concert he told me he was just playing for his dear friend, Janet, until she could hire someone more permanent. He also told me that songwriting was his real gift and passion.

When I asked what his most favorite song written so far was, he said, Life is Hard, But God is Good. Little did he realize his song was also a theme song for my own life. Both the songwriter and the song-listener were equally moved way down deep in our souls. It was a God-moment of inspiration.


Honestly, I cannot totally recall the songwriter's name. I want to say "Joel" maybe? He probably likes it that way. Like I said, "he is a very humble guy". Still, I have never forgotten the title and especially the truth of His song. Yes, I always remember that even when life is hard, God is still good.
Grateful

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His name is Joel Lindsey.

KLW said...

You can endure almost anything if you know God is right next to you.

PSALM 107:1-2
Give thanks to the Lord for He is Good.
His Love endures forever.
Let those who have been redeemed
(those who have suffered)
tell it!

God’s answer to suffering … JESUS.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks so much....