Monday, April 16, 2012

Praise Becomes Hope

Praise becomes hope.
-- Dan Lee

While studying Psalm 105 and 106 in our life group, our friend, Dan, basically said "when we praise our good God it ends up bringing hope into our own souls."

When Jesus stood outside the tomb of His recently deceased friend, Lazarus, He first praised His Father by saying, "Father, I thank You (I praise You) that You have heard my prayer." Then Jesus called out, "Lazarus, come forth!" Surely, our Lord taught us in this miracle of resurrection that praising leads to a raising! (John 11:42)

The praise of Jesus to His Father outside the tomb in Bethany sure sounds a lot like an echo of the Psalmist's prayer recorded in Psalm 118:21 (GWT) -- I give thanks to you, because you have answered me.

Click here: MercyMe - Lord I lift your name on high

Lord, we lift Your name on high. Lord, we love to sing Your praises!
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

"Praise Him"

Praise Him, praise Him
Praise Him in the morning
Praise Him in the noonday
Praise Him, praise Him
Praise Him when the sun goes down

"Let All The People Praise Thee"

Let all the people praise Thee
Let all the people praise Thee
Let all the people praise Thy name
Forever and forever more


Judith Christie

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I LOVE THAT SONG!