Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jesus Wants To Be Our Hero. No Fooling.

This Palm Sunday morning (also April Fool's Day in the USA) I preached on the seven sayings Jesus spoke while nailed to the Cross of Calvary. The message touched my own heart with deep-water emotion as I shared it with the congregation, especially when I repeated the fifth saying of Jesus on the Cross -- these two words -- "I thirst!" It had never before touched me as deep as it did this morning. Feeling abandoned by His Father, in complete vulnerability, almost like a little boy who was lost in the dark night of His soul, Jesus cried out, "I thirst."

When I arrived at home, one of my partners in Ministry, Pastor Joseph, our Worship Pastor sent me this e-mail message with a very touching song to listen to:

Subject: Great song that just caps off the day...
I heard this song on the way home from church.
Thought you’d like this.
-- Joseph


Jesus Paid It All. He Wants to Be Our Hero. No Fooling.
Grateful

No comments: