Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Your Soul's Comfort is Only Found in Me

I brought you to Myself and carried you on eagle’s wings.
-- Exodus 19:4b (NLT)

After reading the soul-comforting message of the Lord in Exodus 19:4, I wrote these words, seemingly from Father God's heart straight to mine:

Why do you weep when the closest of kin
or the dearest of friend leaves you?
Do you ask why?
You don't know why their kinship
or friendship can never satisfy?

When kin or friend deserts you,
it's meant to help you see,
That the deepest comfort of your soul...
Is only found in Me.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

All human beings suffer. Unexplainable tragedies befall us. Where should we turn and what principles will guide us through these times of suffering and confusion?
I need to trust the Holy Spirit who reigns in my heart to give me direction. I can’t keep myself safe. I can’t control things. But I can turn myself over to the loving Father

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So true, We can ever love "AND TRUST" Him. Amen