Sunday, August 8, 2010

His Love Poured Out In Our Hearts

Many of us who call ourselves Christians are not truly devoted to (disciples of) Jesus Christ. No one on earth has this passionate love for the Lord Jesus unless the Holy Spirit has given it to him. We may admire, respect, and revere Him, but we cannot love Him on our own. The only One who truly loves the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, and it is He who has “poured out in our hearts” the very “love of God”. Whenever the Holy Spirit sees an opportunity to glorify Jesus through you, He will take your entire being and set you ablaze with glowing devotion to Jesus Christ. -- Oswald Chambers, slight edit

God has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.
-- Romans 5:5 b (TLB)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

Dee Harbaum said...

after your sermons on this at family camp I can say YES i reached yet. I now know why God opened the doors for myself and my family to go. He reaffirmed me about the last 3 yrs of our life & my current place in the ministry. Thank you for being a humble servant of God. I once again felt the deep love that only the holy spirit can give to me.

Blessed greatly,

Dee Harbaum

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Blessings to you, Dee. The Lord is faithful and I am grateful. I pray His presence will be undeniable in your life. Amen.