Friday, August 20, 2010

Lord, I Want to Be Truly Humble!

God sets Himself against the proud,
but He shows favor to the humble.

James 4:6b (NLT)

What is your definition of true humility?

What might be the results if you and I were to write down the words above from James 4:6 on a note card and take it around in our pocket, spontaneously and purposefully praying for thirty days:

Lord, I want to be truly humble!
I truly need Your favor in my life!
In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

Humility and love are precisely the graces which the men of the world can understand, if they do not comprehend doctrines. They are the graces about which there is no mystery, and they are within reach of all classes. The poorest Christian can every day find occasion for practicing love and humility J.C. Ryle

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. So be it, for the glory of God and for the good of the world His Son humbly and lovingly died for. Amen.