Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Surrender is Our Part in Sanctification

I love to hear everyone get all theological about the term sanctification. Many convoluted definitions are given and I’ve probably given a few of those myself along the way. Still, what we as humans forget too often, is this: Sanctification or to render one Holy, is a God-Thing! 

If sanctification is a God-Thing, then what is our part in sanctification? Our part is simply to surrender our all to Holy God, Whose “Thing” is Holiness! As we give up our right to rule our own lives, He puts us in right relationship with Himself. Yes, He alone makes us holy. To surrender is to prove we really believe Holy God is willing and able and ready to sanctify us. 

While our part in sanctification is simply to surrender, “simply surrendering” is not necessarily an easy thing. Simple and easy are not synonymous. For example, it’s a simple thing for a millionaire to go to the bank and withdraw a million dollars to give to the poor, but perhaps it’s not easy? 

Finally, if we don’t surrender our all to God, and instead continue clinging to our stuff, our dreams, our sin, it will eventually cost us everything that is holy. Even eternal life will eventually escape our embrace if we refuse to wholly surrender to Holy God. 

Have you surrendered your all to Jesus, yet? Is living in full surrender to Him your preferred lifestyle? 

Thursday evening, November 8, 2018, at 7:45pm, I will be speaking on “Surrender” at our 6th Annual Project Galilee Gathering on the coast of North Carolina. I pray that as I share, my own understanding of holiness will become simpler, maybe even easier, for the glory of God and for the sake of my own eternal soul.

“Lord, wash me and I shall be whiter than snow — holy, indeed!”  


Winter-than-snow, Snowy Egret, Harkers Island 

Preeence Matters Most!
That is ... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 


No comments: