Thursday, November 28, 2019

My Thanksgiving Day 2019 Simply Described

Awoke at 6 a.m. Back to sleep. Slept-in. Why not? Was up late last night. 

Answered multiple text messages, all blessings from people who love me. (This continued on and off throughout the day. All pleasure.)

Showered.

Dressed very simple and comfortable.

Watched Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on tv. (We attended the parade in NYC in 2012.)

Made Coffee. Bold roast. Lite creme. Lite Sweetener.

Sausage, egg, mozzarella cheese on low carb toast.

Family relaxing time, as Kim scurries to and fro in the kitchen. She’s in her element.

Watched dog show on tv. Best dog didn’t win, however. Should’ve been the treeing walker coonhound. Yes, I’m biased. I love Lucy.

Constructed and hung new, old, driftwood, shelf in home office. Rearranged office slightly. Mostly filled the new/old shelf with waterfowl decoys out of the garage and Holy Land items meaningful to my memory.

Helped Kim get the turkey in the oven. Anticipating carving the big bird.

Changed bulb in spotlight for our simple, silouette, "Light Your World" manger scene in our front yard. (I did put up minimal yard decorations yesterday. Less is more as our life is now lived mostly on the move these days as district servants. We are blessed.)

Carved the turkey. Sampled it as I carved. Smiled a lot.

Family meal happened around 2 p.m. O my. We are blessed beyond measure. Holding hands and praying at the table as a family of five is a rare and meaningful moment for my heart.

Lucy pup patiently rested her head on my lap as we ate Thanksgiving meal. Yes, she got some turkey. And bread.

Family relaxing time. Watched football on tv.

Photographed Lucy in her Serta dog bed in front of the gas logs.

Coffee, Round 2.

Ate small portion of delicious dessert -- Kim’s pumpkin cheesecake with a caramel pecan glaze and whipped creme.

Cleaned up.

Rest time reconvened.

Wrote my blog. Getting ready to post it. 6:11 p.m. EST.

Looking forward to the Thanksgiving meal leftovers for the next few days.

God’s faithfulness is so very great. And my gratefulness is such a given.

I have been in a spirit of prayer all day long. (Kind of the same as I am every day, but with more Thanksgiving awareness, today, obviously.)

It was a Holy Thanksgiving Family Day, indeed.

I pray you know the undeniable favor as one who lives by faith in the forever-faithful God. Amen.

       








Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis

No comments: