Saturday, November 16, 2019

5 Years, Capt. Billy

Dear Capt. Billy, my dearest Daddy:

It’s hard to believe that November 17, 2019, marks 5 years since you became absent from the earthly body and present forevermore with the Eternal Lord.

I will never forget how in the early morning, Jesus slipped in and stole you away just as the fourth watch of the night was about to begin. Yes, 3 a.m. Moments later, I remember holding onto your feet, even kissing them tenderly. I wonder if you were aware of that? 

Daddy, I remember at sunrise seeing the hearse leave the Hospice House in Newport, North Carolina, with a double rainbow glowing across the northeast skies.

Daddy, the Good Lord knows, there’s not a day that passes that something about you doesn’t effect something about me. Next to Jesus, you are my greatest reason not to miss Heaven. 

Daddy, you taught me how to live and how to die. Because of your example I know what a real relationship with Jesus looks like. What a gift. 

On this fifth anniversary of your passing, I will be preaching to eternal souls at Rosedale Church of the Nazarene in Pennsylvania. If the Lord will let you sneak a look, if only for a moment from Heaven, what a blessing that will be for me. Surely, you are the loudest voice in the cloud of witnesses that cheers my soul Heavenward. 

Daddy, I know for sure that we shall meet once more, on that Beautiful Shore. Until then, could you come to me at times in my dreams like your Daddy did to you? Either way, I will always love you. 

Deo Volente.

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 



1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Pastor Kerry. I am also a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I AM GLAD to stop by your profile on the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being the Pastor. I am moved by your blog post in loving memory of your Dad. I love getting connected with the people of God specially those whow are in the ministry and I am so blessed to get connected with you . God willing hope to stop by your place if I happen to be close to your place as I plan to be in the United States on my way to Calgary, Canada where my son lives with his wife and two beautiful daughers . I have been in the Pastroal ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We have had mnay young people coming from Youth In Mission from Nazarene Universities, Love Works teams from Point Loma Nazarene University and also from work and witness teams as well as Olivet Nazarene Unitersity. We would love to have young people coming to Mumbai to help us in the out reach reach ministry to the poorest of poor. I am sure it will be a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. god's richest blessings on you, your family and ministry. My email id is;dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. I have also served our District as District Superintendent for 23 yrs another District as D.S for 3yrs and also Reynolds Hospital as Executive Director for five years and I am still on the many Boards of Nazarene church in India Field. Aslo served the field as Assistant Field Strategy Coordinator.