Friday, January 4, 2019

“We Walk Not Alone!”

The first week of the New Year of 2019 is still underway. In my reading today, seven words from an old text of the Bible spoke strongly to my soul:

“And the Lord shall guide thee continually...” Isaiah 58:11

As I read, the seventh word moved me mightily: “And the Lord shall guide thee CONTINUALLY!”

The Lord doesn’t just lead us initially or occasionally; He leads us CONTINUALLY! Yes, to the very end He leads us. He led us yesterday, He leads us today, and He will lead us tomorrow, even for forever. This truth makes my heart strong! 

Also, I was inspired as the text reminded me that I am not all by myself on my journey. “The Lord shall guide thee...”  Yes, God accompanies me, He guides me, He is with me, as I scale this new mountain called “2019” and then beyond. His ever-abiding presence is my assurance, so I feel like traveling on!

In Mrs. Cowman’s classic Streams in the Desert Volume 2, this illustration is shared: 

Some of the bravest of mountaineers have related incredible tales concerning their climbs up the hills of this earth. Sometimes they were aware of the Presence of a Companion, Who was not among the earthly party of climbers on the mountains. How much more positive is the Presence of the Heavenly Guide as God’s mountaineers climb the high places of the Spirit!

With Him, our Companion, we can face the mysterious trail of a New Year unafraid, for We Walk Not Alone!” 

Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: