Sunday, January 27, 2019

To Worship "Him"

I love the holy words from Matthew 2:2 as spoken by the Magi on their way to Bethlehem to see the Infant King, Jesus. I especially love the way the passage is rendered in the Message Paraphrase -- these seven words: "We are on pilgrimage to worship Him!"

Today, my wife, Kim and I, left Cape May, New Jersey, around 7:15 a.m. to arrive by 10 a.m. to worship with our brothers and sisters at Birdsboro, Pennsylvania Church of the Nazarene. It is my duty and delight as district superintendent to install their new local pastor, Rev. Scott Campbell. 

During the worship time, the band led us in a song very close to my own heart of worship titled "The Heart of Worship". The key theme of the song is: "I’m coming back to the heart of worship and it’s all about You, it’s all about You, JESUS!"

Let’s declare about own own life-journeys the same thing the Magi declared on their trip to Bethlehem: "We are on pilgrimage to worship Him!" Yes, Him! Jesus! Let’s make our lives all about worship and all about worshipping Him!

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 



No comments: