Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Believing Comes By Hearing 

Romans 10:17 contains four powerful words: "Faith comes by hearing..." 

Surely, faith matters so very much to God and to us. If you are not convinced how very much, simply read "The Faith Chapter -- Hebrews 11" and you will be. 

Nevertheless, another thought was revealed to me yesterday. It was an epiphany of reality to my mind. 

A friend and I were discussing how wonderfully created people cannot believe they are wonderfully created. I’m talking about Christian people who doubt they are highly valued or even valued at all. 

Suddenly, God’s Word came to me: "Faith comes by hearing..." Then, a synonym for "faith" passed through my thoughts -- the word "believing". In that moment I understood something powerful. People, even Christians, cannot believe they are wonderfully created because they have never heard it from anyone in their lives. 

Wow! Now, I know why one of my favorite things to say to others always seems to be a delight for them to hear. I say: "I believe in you and I believe in Who’s in you?" What can be more wonderful than to be created by God and then recreated to be a sanctuary for Him to dwell in!

If you hear me, I hope your belief of your high value to God is becoming stronger. Also, I hope you will seek to speak transforming truths to others about how wonderfully created and recreated by God they really are! "Believing comes by hearing..."

Presence Matters Most!

That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: