Thursday, February 19, 2015

Remember, Jesus Wept.

At the tomb of Lazarus and along The Palm Sunday Parade Route, I am so thankful that the Gospel writers recorded the obvious tears of Jesus.

Also, it comforts me often to read Matthew 16, at Caserea Phillipi, when Jesus asked his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?" One answer was "Jeremiah" -- Yes, the Weeping Prophet. So, Jesus must've cried often as He walked in and out of people's lives. It was a top-three answer people gave when asked "Who they thought He was?"

Tears are most often the way The Precious Holy Spirit ministers His Presence, Power, Purity and Peace to me. 

Since I was a little boy, whenever I acted out my tender brokenness with sobbing, my loving Daddy never once said, "Suck those tears up boy or I'll give you something to cry about!" No, my Daddy always encouraged my tenderness and often said something like, "Don't fight off or hold back your tears, son. Go ahead and cry; It will make a real man out of you. Remember, Jesus wept."

Give away your life... to The Weeping Savior.

Grateful

No comments: