Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Israel -- To The Sea -- Tuesday

It's been a wonderful Tuesday as we spent our last day of this journey in Israel living within the culture of The Holy Bible.

We left our hotel in Jerusalem at 9 a.m. and headed west. Our first stop was at The Museum of the Ancient Book where we saw a large scale model of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus and the Book of Isaiah from The Dead Sea Scrolls is the main attraction.

Heading still west we also visited the site mentioned after Jesus resurrected, yes, we stopped along The Road to Emmaus. Our hearts are aflame.

Finally, we made it to the the west coastline of the Mediterranean Sea and the seaport of Joppa. This is the area where Jonah took a ship in an attempt to detour God's call on his life to be an evangelist to Nineveh (today's Northern Iraq). This is also the site of Acts 10 where Peter had his vision. 

Then, we had the highlight of the day as we were guests in the home of a Messianic Jew named Israel. He gave a bold and beautiful testimony of his relationship with Jesus. Afterwards, he and some others sang two Hebrew songs, one of which I requested "In Unity" from Psalm 133. Before we left, Israel blessed us with the Numbers 6 blessing in Hebrew -- "May The Lord bless you and keep you..." So moving!

We have taken many steps on this discipleship journey. One person who wore a pedometer showed that we logged 40 miles on foot together. It's hard to believe but true.  Each mile was more than worth it. 

And The Lord has given us favor with one another. One week ago, I only knew one person on this trip of 16. Tonight, as I post this blog, we are having our last supper together overlooking Joppa Seaport. Because of Jesus, though we were strangers, now we are like a new family. It's unbelievable. 

Our Jewish guide just told me, "I don't have God in my heart. Pray for me, because I can not yet pray for myself. Don't neglect us. Come back. I need to work with you in the future." I assured him, "he is close to the Kingdom." 

Give away your life...

Threatening winds are upon us here on the west coastline as we plan to fly out of Tel Aviv midnight local time. (Seven hours earlier in Virginia.) Pray with me for our guide and for Steve and me as we journey home. 

Grateful


Our last supper together in Joppa Seaport Restaurant -- 4 of the new pastors I met on this trip Ken, a Baptist from Mississippi, Bruce, a Presbyterian from Kansas City, Tom, a Methodist from Dallas, and Mike, a missionary to Guatemala from Tennessee. Only Jesus could bring us together. 

No comments: